How to rotate around your hips while keeping your back straight
The MAIN reasons people need to know how to rotate around their hips:
- Protect the low back by minimizing disc pressures
- Improve the effectiveness of certain exercises
TWO Tips for keeping your back straight:
- Look up as you bend forward. We move toward the direction that are eyes are looking. If you are looking down as you rotate forward, chances are you will bend out or your low back.
- Keep your chest up and out. This helps keep our head high and low back straight.
- Keep your low back straight or arched. If you feel your back rounding forward or slouching, then you are adding unnecessary strain.
Two exercises I frequently recommend using this concept are:
- Seated and standing hamstring stretches
- Seated figure 4 stretches
When rotating properly, you will find it takes much less motion before you feel the muscles stretch. The benefits are giving you a more isolated and effective stretch while at the same time reducing the chances of injuring your back.
Overland Chiropractic Blogs
Is Your Head on Straight? Neck pain is a common problem. Did you realize that neck pain may be causing problems with your posture and balance? I will share with you a possible cause for this and solutions to help. A recent paper discusses changes in proprioception in...
Supervised vs Home Exercise Alone – Is it Worth the Money? I have changed my mind. I must admit, I have struggled with how much in office exercise to do with patients. Am I just babysitting patients if I do multiple sessions?
Are you feeling stressed? This has past year has difficult for many people. People have experienced changes with their jobs, families, shopping, and lack of interaction with other people. Stress often shows up in our body physically as tight neck and shoulders....
11791 W 112th Street #101
Overland Park, KS 66210