How to rotate around your hips while keeping your back straight
The MAIN reasons people need to know how to rotate around their hips:
- Protect the low back by minimizing disc pressures
- Improve the effectiveness of certain exercises
TWO Tips for keeping your back straight:
- Look up as you bend forward. We move toward the direction that are eyes are looking. If you are looking down as you rotate forward, chances are you will bend out or your low back.
- Keep your chest up and out. This helps keep our head high and low back straight.
- Keep your low back straight or arched. If you feel your back rounding forward or slouching, then you are adding unnecessary strain.
Two exercises I frequently recommend using this concept are:
- Seated and standing hamstring stretches
- Seated figure 4 stretches
When rotating properly, you will find it takes much less motion before you feel the muscles stretch. The benefits are giving you a more isolated and effective stretch while at the same time reducing the chances of injuring your back.
Overland Chiropractic Blogs
One leg Balance Exercise – Advances 1
In the last article we discussed beginning one leg balance positions. As you progress, you will need to find ways to continue to challenge your body. In this article I am going to show you two ways to make the previous exercises more difficult. The first thing you...
Balance and Coordination Training
We live our lives through movement. Good balance improves our ability to walk, perform our daily activities and reduces our risk of falls. Balance is important in all stages of life. Balance helps the athlete perform at a higher level, the parent care for their...
Does losing weight really improve your back pain?
Does losing weight really improve your back pain? For years I have heard people comment that if they could
11791 W 112th Street #101
Overland Park, KS 66210