How to rotate around your hips while keeping your back straight
The MAIN reasons people need to know how to rotate around their hips:
- Protect the low back by minimizing disc pressures
- Improve the effectiveness of certain exercises
TWO Tips for keeping your back straight:
- Look up as you bend forward. We move toward the direction that are eyes are looking. If you are looking down as you rotate forward, chances are you will bend out or your low back.
- Keep your chest up and out. This helps keep our head high and low back straight.
- Keep your low back straight or arched. If you feel your back rounding forward or slouching, then you are adding unnecessary strain.
Two exercises I frequently recommend using this concept are:
- Seated and standing hamstring stretches
- Seated figure 4 stretches
When rotating properly, you will find it takes much less motion before you feel the muscles stretch. The benefits are giving you a more isolated and effective stretch while at the same time reducing the chances of injuring your back.
Overland Chiropractic Blogs
You may believe that your back or leg pain is only being caused by mechanical pressure on a nerve. Mechanical pressure can play a role, but did you know that pain
Have you ever stopped to think about how your body responds to emotions? We know various emotions cause different muscle activity in our faces. You have probably become good at reading
We all know that smoking is detrimental to our health. With smoking, we usually think of increased risks for various types of cancers and lung disease. Did you know that smoking has also been associated with pain? In the September 2020 journal Pain Medicine, the...
11791 W 112th Street #101
Overland Park, KS 66210