How to rotate around your hips while keeping your back straight
The MAIN reasons people need to know how to rotate around their hips:
- Protect the low back by minimizing disc pressures
- Improve the effectiveness of certain exercises
TWO Tips for keeping your back straight:
- Look up as you bend forward. We move toward the direction that are eyes are looking. If you are looking down as you rotate forward, chances are you will bend out or your low back.
- Keep your chest up and out. This helps keep our head high and low back straight.
- Keep your low back straight or arched. If you feel your back rounding forward or slouching, then you are adding unnecessary strain.
Two exercises I frequently recommend using this concept are:
- Seated and standing hamstring stretches
- Seated figure 4 stretches
When rotating properly, you will find it takes much less motion before you feel the muscles stretch. The benefits are giving you a more isolated and effective stretch while at the same time reducing the chances of injuring your back.
Overland Chiropractic Blogs
Does losing weight really improve your back pain? For years I have heard people comment that if they could only lose weight, their back would feel better. There is very little research to support this belief. A review of the literature was published in May 2022,...
Is it less expensive to have Manual therapy for back pain vs Staying active on your own? Have you ever heard that your back pain will get better on it’s own? Maybe it will and maybe it won’t. Some people just don’t want to go to the doctor. Others don’t go because...
Pay attention to your budget Tightening your budget can help alleviate additional financial stress. Pay with cash or debit card. Personally, this helps me to stay on track. It is more painful to watch the cash leave your hands. Then you do not have the added stress...
11791 W 112th Street #101
Overland Park, KS 66210