We want to make your first visit as smooth and easy as possible. The first visit to any office often creates some nervousness and can be a little overwhelming. Completing intake forms online streamlines the process.
Arrive 30 minutes early if you have not completed forms online.
Here is what you can expect if your forms are complete:
- Check in – We will get a copy of your insurance card if you have not already provided it. We will also get a copy of your drivers license.
- Vitals – Staff will take you to a room to get your vitals – height, weight, blood pressure, pulse
- Examination – The doctor will review your history and discuss your condition. An examination will then be performed to evaluate your ranges of motion, assess joint and neurological function, as well as look for muscle problems.
- Imaging– Following an examination, x-rays or other imaging may or may not be recommended. We are generally conservative with imaging. Bring any previous x-rays, MRI’s or reports with you.
- Diagnosis/Impressions – The doctor will give you his initial impressions and recommendations to get started.
- Treatment – Most patients are able to receive initial treatment the same day
- Check Out – Staff will schedule your next visit and collect payment.
Synopsis . Get treament for Synopsis . Lumbar Synopsis chiropractor
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is the first visit?
If your forms are completed before you arrive, it takes about 1 hour.
2. Do I have to have x-rays?
Often times no. If you have had previous imaging, bring the images or reports with you. If your history and examination indicate the need for imaging, we may recommend films either in our office or refer you to an imaging center.
3. Do I have to have an examination?
Yes. You deserve the best diagnosis and recommendations that we can give. Failure to perform an examination falls below the accepted standards of care.
4. What should I wear?
Most clothes are fine. It helps to dress comfortably. We have shorts and gowns available if you are wearing a dress or have restrictive clothing.
5. How much will it cost?
This depends upon a number a number of variables. Click here to see our cost estimates and insurance companies that we participate with.